Twenty Years On...

 Final three months of 2022 and I almost forgot it was my twentieth anniversary. Back in 2002 I bought my first mountain bike, a reward for finishing the formal education part of a career change. I rode that first mountain bike with a "gravel" mentality before anyone knew that was a thing - riding the streets from home in Alhambra to JPL and then a little dirt up in the Arroyo, or on the stream bed Arroyo Seco bike path to get to work in Highland Park because the thicker, knobby tires were less likely to flat than the skinnies on the road bike. That first year was only the beginning of exploring the possibilities of multi-surface riding, explorations that have continued right up to today.

never been too sure what this is - the leaves don't look right for Coffeeberry or wild cherry

Surprise! There was water in Cucamonga Canyon wash today, real, live, flowing type water - I spotted it when I got to the overlook which meant that I had to go down and check it out, rare occurrence that it is


just because there is water, though, does not mean you can swim or raft

water was flowing into, but not yet out of, this uppermost groundwater recharge basin




in The Willows...

there is a lot of green stuff sprouting

Comments