From the Archives: 1996 Crits of Fury

Another photo from the race previously known as Mothballs but, in 1996, was rebranded as the Crits of Fury. I didn't know the photographer was taking this shot, but a week later he (a student at the Brooks Institute of Photography) turned up at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, in Brea, with a portfolio of 8x10 glossy's of everyone. The photos included race shots as well as some start line shots like this. Team-mates encouraged me to get one of the action pics as well, but since the economy was cash only, I could only cover the cost of one, and this was it.

If you remember the other From the Archives: Crits of Fury posts you already know that, though I didn't place in the money that day, I still considered it a pretty promising start to the year.

Comments