This Bud's for You, 24 August: Makin' It To the Other Side

One, two, three, or all four; were any of the fast approaching riders legit recipients of the weekly Bud's crown. There was no way for me to tell, and since I was the only one of the usual finish line groupies watching, there would be no help in making that determination. Did the four slip away from the bunch somewhere along the back part of the course, or was their early arrival a shortcut gift? They were moving pretty well either way, so this week this Bud's for everyone who gave their all (and didn't crash on the way back to C-Town) - no, not me.





bringing home the bunch


"... There was fear in the pit of my heart
There was desert as far as the eye could see
Blistering, dusty, and hard
I trusted you in desperation
I said heaven forbid this place
It's hotter than hell and I'm losing my cool
It's just not of the human race...

I got slippery sand in the back of my throat
Silica in my eyes
Pretty soon this will all be another bad dream if we make it
To the other side
If we make it..."
(Mink, Wilson-Lamoureaux, Wilson)

Comments