Cycling Claremont: Lucky Coffee Roasters

 Lucky Coffee Roasters held a soft opening at their new location in Claremont this past weekend. The Claremont house, located where a certain coffee behemoth used to operate an outpost, is the Roasters' second home (their first is on 2nd Street in Upland). The soft opening was held to confirm that the baristas knew what to do with actual customers coming through the front door. They did.

I finished up a short ride Sunday morning under somewhat threatening skies, but decided that an extra couple additional miles, in order to slurp down a hot drink, would be the thing. It was.

I didn't know what to get, mostly because there was no menu in view, but the barista helped out and, in the end, I got a satisfying cup of hot brew. I was hoping to have a nice pastry to go with my drink, but no such luck. Not this weekend anyway. I was a day too early. Beginning Monday, though, I was informed that the Claremont shop, just like the sister store in Upland, will be serving up delectables from Butter Cafe & Bakery, another local business with locations in both Upland and San Dimas.

Lucky has big plans that will benefit all of us. They will be doing their roasting in the vacant storefront right next door, and are looking forward to taking advantage of the nice big patio area right at their front door. Lucky Coffee Roasters - not a bad place to begin, or end a ride, nor stop in part way through a long day in the saddle. Check them out the next time you are in the area.


PS: If I have any complaint, it is about the lack of a menu. I mean, there is a menu, but it is one of those QR scan types. Lucky is not the first food establishment I have been to that uses this method, but I really do not want to have to scan a QR code to look at a menu on my phone. It is so much easier to simply walk through the front door and, voila, there it is in big, bold letters right in front of you. Technology is fine and all, but it is not always the answer. Sorry but nothing will replace a big ol' menu board on the wall for ease and simplicity.

Anyway, good to have you in town, Lucky. Lucky us.

Comments