Slow Sunday Scenes: Oh... Around

 I only needed a few miles today to reach my weekly goal, so it was not an overly long ride when finished; Claremont, La Verne and a bit of San Dimas - just enough in other words. Part way through came a stop at the Claremont Farmers' Market, and when neighbor Steve sat down at the table in front of city hall I also happened to be perched at, and asked where the morning ride had taken me I kind of waved my hand around in the air. I have never been quite sure how to answer that question - I mean, do you give a play by play, turn by turn overly-tedious description, or do you apply some degree of censorship? And if so, how much? Well I began to verbalize some follow-up to all the handwaving, when he saved me the trouble by saying, "ah, the universal sign of 'around', I know it well." I thought, yeah, that's true, why burn those brain cells when waving the answer is so much easier. Of course, that simple action wouldn't make a very satisfying blog post, hence... well, here we are.

I sat and watched all the comings and goings for a while, snapping photos the whole time. In that time, I realized that a lot of people, perhaps due to the slightly cooler morning temperature, chose to bike it today and, while some of those people rode in on e-assist, the majority still relied on good old leg strength. I also noticed that the couple at the cut-flower booth were selling non-stop. Summer can be rather bland - bright, mind you, but with a kind of basic color palette dominated by duns and greens; maybe people have had their fill of that and were looking to add some yellow, red, and magenta.









hot dog



the Zephyr Lilies at home usually need some late summer rain to bloom, but these ones at city hall are doing just fine with irrigation




I Bike SGV


this guy almost has the same bike - just a version or two off


alternate forms of transportation too: skateboards and scooters...

and roller blades
which do you think the line is for? Some Crust, naturally!
the Original Popeye!
well, I know where she's been

Comments