Winter Gravel: Hard to Beat

You know how you haven't ridden in a while and you get that itch and you just have to get out. So you do, and everything is better. Contrary to what I had planned my mileage has really dropped off, and I don't mean just during the past week, no I'm talking about since the time change. I had to get out today, but didn't want to drive anywhere, Bonelli is too muddy for mountain biking, and I didn't want to just leave it on the road. The gravel loop was the perfect answer. I didn't go any further east than the dam - some of the mud out that way can become a sticky mess, best avoided, but it was just what I needed. The four day weekend went quickly with just one day of riding, but it was a good one. And the views were hard to beat:

look to the mountains

first junction

second junction

out across the valley

San Gorgornio and San Jacinto?


taking in the view

up canyon


  
  

  
  


Comments