Francis Specker's 1985 Coors Classic Photos

When I discovered the Ed Kosmicki photographs from the 1986 Coors Classic, I did a little post about them. They were cool, I believed and, judging by the way people have continued to seek them out, I don't believe I am the only one who thinks so.



How many of you know that the year before Kosmicki took his photos at the Classic, another photographer (and local cyclist) took photos of many of the very same riders, at the very same Coors Classic... well, not the very same, it was a year earlier after all. I am kind of late to the game, and only discovered them a few years ago myself. If you like the Kosmicki photos I am sure you will like the photos of Francis Specker as well. You can purchase the pics for use in publications and what not, but it is also fun just to look at them and imagine what it was like to be there. I would show you more of the photo above - yes that is the fierce face of the Badger leading the bunch - but I think I am supposed to pay for it (which is understandable after all, since photography is how Mr. Specker pays the bills). As it is I think the police might come knocking at my door to make me take it down. If that Hinault stare is getting to you, compelling you to find more, go ahead and check the link.

Comments