Friday Morning Psycho-Lists...

Lets see, it has been almost a month short of a year since I last did this one. In addition, three consecutive poor riding days had me searching for some way to break out of the rut. A solo ride up GMR wouldn't help, but I was sure a good social / training ride would do the job, help to get things turned around. Something to force me into a higher pace, in other words. There just have not been enough race-pace training rides in my programme this year, and the self-inflicted moan not-enough-speed-in-my-legs has been a season-long refrain around these parts, keeping me from the competition on the race course. The Psycho-lists rides are a step below the Buds, the Bowl, Montrose, and all those other more race-oriented rides in intensity; the soft-pedaling, regroups and coffee stop keep it more friendly to a broader range of abilities. Even so, all the hills and city limit signs, are either hotly or luke-warmly contested, and those are the things I hope will inject (admittedly, probably not the best choice of word here) a little life into these legs. The Psycho-Lists Friday ride departs each week from the Vons shopping center, corner of Mills and Baseline, Claremont at 7:15 in the morning. Get all their ride announcements by joining on Meetup.








Comments