Small World Moment

 The screeching sound of a sudden stop wasn't real, just imagined, but the stop my thoughts came to was. Wait, are you saying we have a cousin who is a member of the US National Team Pursuit squad? I asked my aunt. I had returned her call on Thanksgiving evening and, yada yada, one thing led to another. I mentioned that I had started in again on my family research and anyway, who again is so and so? As my aunt responded I started picturing the various branches in my mind. Then, "that reminds me," she said. "You took some photos of our cousin the last time you were at the velodrome" Well, I took a lot of photos, of a lot of people during the Track National Championships in July, I thought, but I didn't know I was related to any of those people. Seems my aunt saw the post from those races, saw the name and thought it sounded familiar, followed up and, voila - David Domonoske, cousin (distant, but cousin none-the-less) and US National Team Pursuit member. Cool, someone new to root for next time.

the Gary's Gals team at the Velo Sports Center in July - Domonoske, Johnson, Rhim, Viggo

Comments