Monday Blues Returns to Yellow

 

It is kind of like a curse, I guess, one you can't get rid of. It comes back periodically, an involuntary twitch needing to be exorcized or, maybe, exercised. 

The timing is right for it to come back. This season of yellow. Leaves. Those little sunflowers that always last late into the year, long after everything else has faded. It may still be warm, but it is that yellow sun warmth, not the white hot of a few months ago. 

Not that any of those are the reason that it has come back mind you. 

It came back to me a decade ago too, and if the timing was not quite the same, the circumstances were very similar. Ten years is a long time to forget how something feels. It is still a smooth riding bike, it always has been that but, excluding the obvious, the too long stem (did I really like being so stretched out once upon a time?), I could not find the snap that I remember it once possessing. As it takes other things all around us, perhaps Time has stolen that old snap away as well.

Well, who knows. Maybe, after all, one ride is not enough time to rekindle a memory.




Omar had tamales on Sunday, and that plus the coffee qualified as Ride #7 to finish off the 2023 Coffeeneuring Challenge for me. I mean the minimum requirements have been met. Of course I'll do more. Year 'round.

Comments