Observations

 How to tell you've been riding the mountain bike too much, to the exclusion of the road bike - feeling the air cool against my face, my arms, my legs and thinking, we're MOVIN' now. Then looking down at the computer only to realize we were movin' at a road-sedate seventeen miles per hour. Different speeds for different machines.

I once had a racer friend ask if I had always pedaled flat or heel down. As far as I knew, sure. He suggested I try toes down / heel up, but I didn't see any reason to change what came naturally, and so never did. I've known for a long time, that Tamera pedals in that toe down foot position, and severely so - even at the top of her pedal stroke her foot is almost vertical. I tried it for a couple rotations - odd feeling. I don't like it.

You know, the Pacific Electric Trail is not one of those highly scenic rail trails with spectacular views all around, but even in the middle of summer with the lantana, the lavender, the bougainvillea in bloom, and the mountains heat-hazy in the distance, it ain't too shabby.

That cloud cover today signified increased humidity, but a late start would otherwise have meant getting scorched by the sun, so I didn't mind a bit.









Comments