Monday Blues: Straight Talk


 A couple blocks back down the street, the three of us were waiting for the light at Baseline to change. I'm not going to say that I expected to hold their wheel all the way up the street, but when the light turned green I started off to match their speed. It wasn't long, though, before I began to question the wisdom in that. Not that they were going particularly fast at that point, saving their energy for the bigger climb ahead but, already expending more push due to the mountain bike versus road bike dichotomy, I started to back off. Still within reach, and with just a couple more streets before my turn, I thought what would John Tomac do?

I know, I know, "John Tomac," you're thinking, "that's a slightly dated reference isn't it?" True as it may be, but Tomac is still my point of reference for many things mountain biking. Anyway, I ignored what I believed to be the answer, and continued to back off until the two were well beyond the corner where I would turn, and I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

straight as an arrow




The Monday Blues has been an occasional feature here at the blog since inception; the blues, an emotion, a color, a genre of music, with a cycling twist.

Comments