No Riding = No Writing

This is the longest hiatus ever experienced at the blog.

No Riding Equals No Writing

I hate writing that, less so for the second part, more so (much more) for the first part. There are certain web-based cycling writers I still read, who just keep going. I can tell they are not riding as much, but their writing just keeps going; they can pull ideas out of the air, and even when the stories they write have nothing to do with riding, what they write is still, often, interesting. I can do that too, just not so much. If there is no riding, there tends to be no writing. Like rounding the bases, the first leads to the second.

So, there has been a lot of rain lately, and that COVID-19 thingy, as well as the after-effects of the suicide, a month in the past now. We all know the truth in the old saying - time flies when you're having fun, but I never realized how equally true it can be when you are not having fun - I really can't believe a full month has passed. Combined, those have severely limited the available riding time, while a lack of inspiration to get out and ride has wiped out much of what remains as left-overs. Solo rides have always been a staple for me, so the demise of races and group rides is a fact that can be fairly easily weathered. Finding the inspiration to do so has turned out to be the biggest limiting factor. Thankfully I still have work to keep myself engaged mentally, and walking helps keep me somewhat active. 

The storm will be weathered here and, I hope, for you as easily as possible given the circumstances. Continue doing what you can to keep healthy, physically and mentally and, like the sun broke through the storm clouds in our local sky this morning, remember that this too shall pass. 


Comments