Two Wheel Tuesday: Making Do

The hillside spring looks like it has sprung a leak again, though it is nothing like the rapidly rolling Deer Creek up in Nevada City. The dry hillsides sparsely spotted by lone trees or small clumps are pale comparison for the thick forest of cedar, oak and madrone that the trails wind through outside (and inside) that northern California town. But, in the words of Stephen Stills,

"If you're down and confused
and you don't remember who you're talking to
concentration slips away
cause you're baby is so far away...

if you can't be with the one you love honey
love the one you're with..."

Thankfully there is Two Wheel Tuesday, and its follow-up brew - Devils Doorbell this time - (and tacos too) to ease the longing for somewhere else.



In this weeks trials and tribulations file, my right side decided to step up and take the brunt of yet another fall; when I decided to attack a little gully across the trail my front wheel went in but didn't want to come back out. As I did a slow speed endo, I couldn't do much about rolling, but I could tuck, leaving a little skin on a nearby rock in the process. I will spare you yet another bloody arm photo. Is an end in sight?

Comments