Tom Petty is His Name


The cat's name is Tom Petty. I think I have taken his photo each year I have come up to Nevada City for the Nevada City Bicycle Classic, but it was not until today that I finally discovered his name. He is pretty mellow, this Tom Petty, pretty laid back, calm and, most certainly, cool. That demeanor is in direct opposition to how the finish to the Men's Pro/1/2 race played out. That was hectic, surprising, heartbreaking and, most certainly, bloody, with four, or was it five riders having to walk their broken bikes across the line. Kirk Carlsen had been riding strongly throughout the race, and with one lap to go most of those around the finish line were confidently placing their bets on him for the win. But as they say it ain't over until it's over...

I am going to have to leave you on the edge of your seat until about mid-week, and hope that I can wrap up photos and everything else that comes with covering a distant race by then. Check back, there is more to come...

Comments