Two Wheel Tuesday: Walk in Peace

Nearing the end of August and the sun is dropping earlier to the ground; another couple weeks and the sunglasses will be dropping as well, or replaced entirely with some clear lenses. We have entered the season of gold, whether it be golden waves of grass sweeping the hillsides or the golden sheen on the water spread out from the narrow path of sun's trajectory, or radiating out from a single point on a distant horizon, evenings are painted with the color.   





Some of these photos are from last week, some are from this week. Last week doesn't matter anymore, but since I didn't post them then, I might as well throw them into the mix. This week was a funny one; first there was Mark saying maybe I should start with the group - same place, same time every week, after all. I prefer not to subject people to the kind of pain that would result if I did; mostly, of course, pain to myself.

Then there was the guy walking along "rocky trail," with his girlfriend/wife who felt it necessary to mutter a curse about "not being able to walk in peace... damn bikes." I bit my tongue back into place, but had the rocks not dulled my brain, and left me with only a smattering of eloquence I might have been able to inform him that the very trail he trod had likely been carved into the hillside by mountain bikers, and that if not for the passing of wheels it would have passed from existence long ago. Something tells me he very likely cursed a cyclist he passed on the street as he drove to Bonelli to walk the trails. Well, fortunately the season of gold too shall pass, and darkness will return to the evening sky. When that happens, those who would not share, usually follow the gold and fade away with it.









Comments