Two Wheel Tuesday: The Message

There are certain songs that I will just go ahead and press replay when they come up on the old ipod. Sometimes even hit that replay twice. They tend to be songs with a message - What It Means by the Drive-by-Truckers will do it, so will American Idiot by Green Day, The Workers' Song (Dropkick Murphys), Get Together (Youngbloods - and, by the way the most perfect 1960 rock song), Hero of War (Rise Against), and Ozomatli's (Who Discovered) America:

"...How could I've know I'd been hypnotized
There was more to my queen than first met they eye
She had a chain of lovers who died her slaves
With a notion of blood for every drop that she gave

I thought she could never break my heart
But all her contradictions are tearing me apart
The secret she hides
The beauty she flaunts
She'll stop at nothing just to get what she wants."

The national nightmare that is the current President and his administration is, of course, not a fading figment of our sleepiness, but the reality of wakeful apathy.

Thankfully there is Two Wheel Tuesday and a couple hours respite that the ride (and post-ride tacos - Las Hermanitas, and beer - La Verne Brewing Company) affords. 

ha! this is the shot i was trying for last week. it is much better when looking up the trail than down.

a few weeks ago Ed mentioned that someone from Felt was doing the ride, so i wasn't surprised to see that "someone" had noticed the ol' Virtue Three. I found a few stickers in the truck bed when it was time to head home

Comments