This Bud's for You, 15 June


Geez mom, you almost hit that guy on that bike!" I can only hope the kid in the suv's front passenger seat said that to the driver, and scolded her for good measure, because even after cursing my lungs out all over the street I think she was still oblivious to the wreck she almost caused. Honestly, I think the numbers of drivers suffering from attention deficit disorder increases each year. And yes, for those of you wondering, that incident did indeed occur at Mills and Foothill.


Anywaaay,

and though the following bit of lyric could easily apply to the ride home, it is actually intended for the evening Bud's Ride finish. This weeks' Bud's crown (or should I say this decades Bud's crown, since it seems about that long since last I turned out for a finish), goes to the rider who clearly did not want to get stuck in the middle, and made his successful escape early:


 "... Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with you.

Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you,
And I'm wondering what it is I should do.
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face.
Losing control and running all over the place.

Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with you..."
(Rafferty)

now that's how you win the Bud's Ride - with gusto!


I tell you, I just don't know anyone in that bunch any more, and it's a good thing I had Demi - oh, oops, I guess there is still one person I know - standing next to me, for as the bunch with the lone rider out front closed in on the finish line, he (Demi) was saying, "who is that out front... who is it? Hmmm... It's Ruben, that's who it is!" And just like that there were two people. And, now that I think about things, wasn't that Jason pushing everyone along toward that white stripe across the road? 

The good old Bud's Ride. It's always there.

sitting up for 2nd

Comments