Ode to a Donut

 Walking into the local donut shoppe, even before the display of all that circular goodness comes into view, you notice the scent. It is unmistakable; the fried dough, the sugary coverings. I think back to riding through the eucalyptus grove yesterday, I would have known what I was surrounded by even with my eyes closed. A different scent, but the same idea - unique and unmistakable.

"I long for you
during my most vulnerable times
You call to me in my dreams
in my thoughts
in everyday conversation
The yearning is unbearable
I am drawn to you..."

Riding along, you've taken a bite, maybe two, savoring the taste, savoring the ride, your tongue darting, licking the glaze from lips. But then, snap, it falls to the ground, and you want to fall too, shout and pound circumstance with your fists. Maybe you remember there is still one more in the bag; two might be best, but one is still better than none.


A nice morning, out and back, on the Pacific Electric Trail. A lot of people out enjoying the morning.

unfortunately he was well ahead by the time I got my camera out,
but anyone who calls out "Go Gauchos" deserves to have their photo taken





Comments