Yeti Riding at Sycamore Canyon



There was a difference in their size, but other than that they were essentially twins, the two blue Yeti SB100's, (brought out to our neck of the woods along with a big fleet of demo bikes by the good folks of Yeti). Same suspension, dropper post, Switch Infinity mechanism tucked into the bottom of the seat tube. Since the Scott became my main ride, I have not ridden anything else, and kind of forgot just how much fun a well-built full-suspension bike can be. This morning's all-too-quick ride around Sycamore Canyon in Riverside was a reminder that wasn't intended to be. Huh? You see, I wasn't going to demo a bike, only the mrs. was, but then lo, and behold, I came face to face with the realization that the Scott was stuck in the truck (funny how that happens when you forget a key) and, well suddenly riding that Yeti became especially appealing. 


Anyway, this Yeti was fun. I know, I already said that, but it is worth emphasizing. This Yeti was not the least bit sluggish as big things often have a tendency to be. It went down, it went up, it swooped around corners, rumbled over little bridges, smoothed out little gullies, and splashed through the stream. In other words it did everything you would expect a mountain bike to do. It just seemed to do it with a little extra pizzazz. I don't know if it was due to that Switch Infinity, or something else, but whatever it was I liked it. And once she got used to it, so did the mrs. 












Honestly, I would have stayed and played at least twice as long as I did, but the sky was growing increasingly dark, rain was starting to fall in fits, and we did have one more stop to make. If you missed out, take heart, Yeti will be at Sky Park in another couple or few weeks, and you can ride your own fill of fun there.




Will she make it? Of course. The Yeti SB100 climbs surprisingly well.

Comments