Monday Blues: Reggie, Reggie, Reggie

This wasn't the episode of the Blues that I had originally planned on, but then it did kind of show up... out of the blue.

So, as tends to happen, especially on Mondays at work, talk with John settled into the weekends' riding escapades. He mentioned that someone he knew had done some mountain biking in La Verne... with Reggie Miller. Hmmmm, interesting, I thought. La Verne equates to Marshall Canyon I presumed, and then thought the part about Reggie Miller was pretty interesting as well.

A little later - at lunch - as I am paging through all the usual must know stuff you tend to find on Facebook, there is a photo, thanks to Mike (not me, another Mike), of Reggie Miller riding a mountain bike. And, I perceived, darrned if that does not look like the Incycle parking lot. Apparently I missed all the announcements, the "take care who you crash out" warnings, nor did I even spot him in the crowd gathered for the annual Incycle / SC Velo Toy Drive. I mean, granted he was a Bruin rather than a Gaucho, but there is the matter of that little professional career; I guess it is kind of like that inability to recognize your riding buddies when they switch to street clothes. Only in reverse.

Funny thing is, he is in one photo, then not in another, then back again. Sneaky guy. I guess that is one of the reasons he was a stand out basketball player - able to get around a court without being noticed.

To borrow the phrase from Ted Rogers - Reggie Miller is one of us.

can you spot him (shouldn't be too difficult)

Comments