Sometimes it is the Little Things...

As more often than not they tend to do, my ride home two days ago took me through the Claremont Village. As I slowed for an intersection I noticed a woman walking along the sidewalk from the opposite direction. Nothing unusual there, the Village tends to be full of pedestrians at all times of the day. She was dressed in a bright pink teeshirt with a big peace-sign on the front, and had a bright red flower held to her nose, enjoying the natural perfume as she walked along. Colorfully eye-catching, but still, not unduly unusual. Just before we passed each other she gave me a subtle thumbs up, almost like a little secret code between us, a kindred affirmation of our mobility choices - the pedestrian and the cyclist. 


she looked something like this, from MeanStinks on Facebook

Comments