Like New, And a Chance Encounter

So, it was a week and a half before the annual Bike for Bender Pioneertown Ride and I wanted the bikes in good working order - cables had stretched and become frayed so they were not shifting quite as sharply as they once did; the mrs., well her bike always needs some brake adjustment. And then there are all the little things that need to be dealt with. Well the last weekend before the ride was going to be busy and I knew the time for repairs and maintenance was going to slip by; good thing I had the number of the Local Bike Stand. The bikes came back a few days later, not only dialed in, but cleaned up as well. In fact I don't believe I have seen the spotless red of the Felt since the day I brought it home, and that was years and years ago.

all cleaned up and ready to get dirty

Anyway Saturday dawned and I loaded up the truck and headed off to Bonelli. Yes, Bonelli. With family stuff later in the day, there was just no way Pioneertown was going to happen. As things turned out an earlier start to the riding day afforded the opportunity to snap a few shots of the Claremont High School Mountain Bike Team; over the past five years [?] I have only crossed paths with them on a single other occasion. Which is odd considering how often, both they, and I, ride at the park.

The thing about bicycling, if one plan does not work out there are always others to fill in.

There is still more than half a weekend - make the best of it.

rolling over the dam



strung out up and over the hill



only knee high right now - give it a week, maybe two and the mustard will be head high again

from now through May, if not later, I expect to find little bouquets of yellow flowers
clinging to various parts of the bike

Comments