Two Wheel Tuesday: Winter Sabbatical


Like phosphorescent tendrils of some deep sea monster the lights of the city, brought to life by the encompassing dark. They flicker, and vibrate, wave as they steam outward from the base of this hill. It looks very Christmas-like, all that red and white; it would be pretty if not for the reality of what all those lights are, what they mean. 

I was truly expecting to be the only dirt rider at Two Wheel Tuesday - since I have not seen photos in a couple months, I had expected everyone had gone on winter sabbatical. But no, five plus myself made six on knobbies, at least for the Puddingstone stretch. After that it was "adios amigos' as the other five rolled down mildly more technical switchbacks while I simply rode across the top of the dam. I did say "RELAXED" pace, did I not. I don't mind the solo ride, never have, and often favor it. And so I did the little climb of Fatt Hill, and then the longer one to the hilltop reservoir and helipad, mostly for the view, before booking it back to the LVBC, where the best tacos awaited. The carnitas, chicken, and potato feature items of Las Hermanitas are hands down the most savory pop-up tacos I have had. Seriously, if you ever see, or hear, that they will be catering one event or another, don't hesitate, just GO. Doubled with and Engine 1 brew, and I was ready to regret that I probably will not be back to 2WT for another long stretch of time. Of course, if I open up Facebook and notice that Las Hermanitas Tacos will be serving again, I may be back for another RELAXED pace winter ride sooner than planned.





the chair was empty when I got back - guess ol' St. Nick went on a ride

Comments