Head Up, Shoulders Back

Words to start the day:


I was a notorious slouch and poor posture guy in my younger days. Heck, maybe I still am. Or maybe I spend so much time on the bike that no one really has an opportunity to notice. Anyway this sign, I happened to notice one day while riding over for the finish of the Bud's Ride, could have been posted for my benefit. Probably not.

I does make you wonder, though. Is the resident of this house a former, or current, teacher with years of experience dealing with slouching students? A former drill sergeant in the army, who turned countless boys into fighting men? Since there are a couple schools nearby, perhaps the inspiration came from looking out the window to see people shuffling past, head down, shoulders hunched, peering at a tiny screen held in their hands?

Comments