Just Set Me There

There it was, low down in San Dimas Canyon, parked in the dirt verge, the Trump-mobile. Talk about a cultist, this guy's clearly as nutty as his leader. Not the first time I have seen the mobile monstrosity around, but this was my first opportunity to snap a pic for posterity. I had already slow-rolled past and up around the bend before I made the decision, so had to swing around and freewheel back down the road a bit. Son-of-a... gone, just like that. Oh, that his leader would just pack up and disappear down the road in similar fashion. But that is another story.

Couldn't let the fantastic morning go by without a ride, and hope ya'll felt the same and did the same. The gravel bike was given the day off, paving (pun intended) the way for a road-only ride. It has been months since last I rolled one of those, and boy was it noticeable. I worked into it okay, and got the feeling back pretty quick like. Many had the same idea of making SD Canyon their destination today, I don't recall seeing so many walkers in there in the past. The stream is going to be flowing down in the shady bottom for quite some time, judging from how much water is still backed up behind the dam. Maybe next time I bring a little camp chair and backpack stove; I could easily waste a couple hours settin' in the shade beside the bubbling brook.

A nice distraction but then I got back to the lyrics of the day:

"Look in my eyes, what do you see?
... I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you, still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three
I'm the cult of personality..."
(Cult of Personality, by Living Colour)

Funny thing is, for a cult leader I don't think he has much personality. In fact I think I have more personality, and the only time I have any is when I am by myself - (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) if you know what I mean.

up to those Golden Hills

I don't know what kind, nice though

tree-top islands

race to the top

happy with 3rd

back down

bird watching

frothy

set me right there

someone put bubble bath in the fountain

someone crossed against traffic and took out the bus stop

Bonita








Comments