Up the Road: The New / Old Reseda to the Sea Challenge


Up north there was Repack, out in the Rockies of Colorado there were the Klunkers of Crested Butte, and down here in the Southland there was Victor Vincente of America's Reseda to the Sea Challenge. Those rides and the people who rode them are forever a part of modern mountain biking lore. When I first heard murmurs and rumors and possible innuendos about a possible resurrection of Reseda to the Sea my ears pricked up, my pulse picked up, and there was a strange tingling in my legs. Time passed and I could never really find any concrete information about the ride. For a while I forgot about it; the tingling stopped, my ears tuned in elsewhere and, except for those rare times when I found myself on a bike, my pulse settled back down as well.

Well, here we are now, the weekend of the ride - still no event page, but this Sunday, 10 March, at 9:00am, in celebration of Victor Vincente of America's seventy-eighth birthday, people (including some of the Psycho-lists Dirty Chain Gang, or so it appears - I post that link because there is some discussion of the ride there) will gather at the Caballero Canyon Hiking Trails on Reseda Boulevard then set out to ride over the Santa Monica Mountains to the sea and back. It is a free, come as you are and be ready to ride, event. Sounds like fun to me.


Comments