Two Wheel Tuesday: Dust in the Wind

You wouldn't think it from the photos, but the 2WT mtb group really does most of its riding in the dirt, as opposed to on the pavement. Last night, it seemed to me, that most of that dirt was actually dust - dust that eight other pair of big wheels kicked up into the air, where it lingered long enough for me, "voluntary" sweeper, to come along and suck up. My lungs seem to have gotten used to the thick cloud over the years, but my eyes were, apparently, coughing and crying out little black particulates during the night, for there they were, right in the corners, when I woke up and could face myself in the mirror to see them. I didn't get to stick around for story time and the La Verne Brewing Company's finest last night. I guess it goes without saying how the post ride went... the stories are good, but everything is better with an Oktoberfest Marzen in the hand.

"Dust in the wind
Everything is dust in the wind..."

gathering

not the photo I wanted, but... long live the 26er - there were three sets of them on last nights ride.

sunset at rollout

gathering in the dirt

which way now?

Comments