This Bud's for You, 28 June


What was it - two, three minutes. When the front of the bunch came into view I thought it must be an especially small Bud's Ride this evening, but it only appeared that way because the gap between the front and the chase was so large. Indeed, now that I think about it, after the lead group came through I packed up the camera, got back on the bike, rode up Puddingstone and around the distant bend before the chase came racing into view. Three to four minutes seems more likely. That was quite some break for the Bud's Ride.


"Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind..." Did that song come on the radio a lot after it was released in 1971 (that is a statement, not a question). Now the only time I hear it is when it pops up on my playlist, which is frequently because I like the harmony. Helping to make that heat wave ebb, our summer breeze makes me feel fine too.

Comments