Cycling Claremont: Pilgrim Place Garden Cafe


Pilgrim Place is a retirement community, located in Claremont, of people whose life work has revolved around religious or charitable non-profit organizations. Many of the people in residence continue along the path of service and outreach that they began following years earlier. Locally, Pilgrim Place may be best known for the annual Pilgrim Place Festival which takes place each November.

Earlier this year I began to notice signs on the streets surrounding Pilgrim Place, at the entrances to the community, calling attention to the Garden Cafe. I have to admit that my only experience with the Cafe is from the yearly Festival. It is basic, good-eating fare, and I find it welcoming to know that if the opportunity arose passers-by, like me, could stop in there during the week for a quiet, relaxed lunch or dinner.

Comments