Monday Blues: From the Land of the Sky Blue Waters...


The fact that I am familiar with that jingle (From the Land...), and that Hamm's ceased to be an independent brewer in 1968, may date me but, when I stopped into the Woodinville Bicycles shop last month, there was this lone cap hanging from a hook above the cash register. It was a carrot if ever there was one. Naturally I added it to the collection. Brim down it has got the Hamm's Beer bear riding along with a brew in hand - flip the brim up and you have the after effects of a crash. I'm just not sure if it is a conscientious statement about the consequences of drinking and riding, or of inattention. What do you say?


Blue: A color, a mood or emotion, a genre of music. Tune in each Monday for another installment of the Blues, with a cycling twist.

Comments