2015 Interbike: Bikes, Part 1

Believe it or not, everywhere you look at Interbike, there are bikes. They have road bikes, mountain bikes, bikes for cyclocross, gravel grinding, adventure, touring bikes, penny farthings, cargo bikes, fixes, bmx bikes, tandems, folding bikes, fat bikes, and e-bikes. These bikes are made of everything from steel to aluminum, titanium, carbon fibre, adamantium, bamboo, wood, and who knows what all else. I mean, what the heck is all this? 

I guess I should get on with some of my favorite finds from this years' show. All of the bikes you will see in the next few posts caught my eye because of their wow factor, in an impressed, or at least, hmmm, curious kind of way.

Ultimately I decided the black background and the mood lighting really highlighted the accents on this Dario Pegoretti and left the photo unmodified. I wonder if the light from a full moon would have the same effect.

Regrettably I didn't get a photo of what makes this Douze Cycles cargo bike so unique - in basic terms it is two halves joined at the center, and gives the option of three different front lengths depending on your capacity requirements at the moment. The French company says you can switch between front halves with the easy-to-use coupling mechanism in two minutes flat. Check into Douze Cycles for your cargo needs. Some models are E-compatible. 

The modified 1941 Schwinn Texas Special, Repack racer of Otis Guy from the Marin Museum of Bicycling and Mountain Bike Hall of Fame. I dig that chainring even more than the patina of antiquity, and wonder how much history would be shaken loose after one good run down Mystic.


X-Trail by Ridley. The Belgian maker has brought the sleek lines of the road to cyclocross and gravel. So very nice.

The Swinger allows you to switch between single speed and geared riding on your Pivot Les. Pretty cool option, actually.

California (unless you are Mr. House)

The limited edition Tracer Palmer Edition is on my radar now.

I can't confirm it, but I think this GT Sanction may have been made specifically to appeal to alumni of the University of Oregon.

Heck of a lot of movement going on down there.

The familiar triple triangle on this GT Grade X, marketed for the Enduroad rider - I take that to mean, any kind of road you want.

I see the Cinelli Bootleg Hobo as a moderately priced (MRSP ±2,000 American dollars) all-road touring bike.

End, Part the First.

Comments