GMR Friday...

Mt. Baldy and the cut of the East Fork Road

Yesterday was my first opportunity to go up against Glendora Mountain Road in January, the first GMR Friday of 2013. A couple days earlier a group of Psycho-lists, deciding to prove the group name is no fluke also rode up the mountain, but took it even further by going on to Glendora Ridge Road (GRR) as well. They ran into snow and ice on the road but, Psychos that they are, continued on undeterred. Being lower in elevation, and less deeply in shadow, GMR had no such surprises in store for me. In fact it was so warm my windbreaker vest and arm warmers found their way into my jersey pockets before I even started to climb.

Psychos - stuff from which legends are made - almost wish i was there

"In the mountains of San Gabriel, overlooking the lowland vines and fruit groves, Mother Nature is most ruggedly, thornily savage." - John Muir

found a new favorite vantage point of the road below

Comments