Monday Blues: False Alarm

 Taking the dog out for her morning round of business and catching up on all the latest neighborhood canine gossip, I noticed the garage across the alley gaping open. The dog didn't seem the least bit interested in what I saw, but I sure was intrigued. Where I had not noticed one before a bike was tentatively peaking out. I could see the "oh, boy" welling in its tires, the shine on the fender and rear hub like the sparkle in an excited riders' eyes on a sunny morning before the shades go on and another adventure begins. I thought of all the bikes in garages forlorn and collecting dust and hoped there was a different tale here.


A few minutes later the bike fully emerged into the light and, soon followed by a second, its joy was unmistakable. But, what is that backwards worn backpack thing? Ah, baby, of course! A Saturday morning family ride. Perfect.






This was not to be another one of those unfortunate I See Bicycles in garages moment, but rather a much happier I see bikes leaving garages moment.

Comments