The Weekend Arrives on New Wheels

 I dislike lying. I think most people do - althouuuuuuugh, considering how frequently the current resident of the White House engages in lying, and the degree to which some of my fellow citizens seem to accept his lies, or overlook them, maybe strains the credibility of that "most people do" line.

Anyway...

A number of months ago I decided I might like a nice new set of all-around wheels for the Hakkalugi. After discussing the matter with Greg of The Local Bikestand, I accepted his recommendation for the build and set down to wait. The pandemic was in full swing, bike shops were out of... everything, stock was backlogged, and manufacturers found it difficult to produce enough product, let alone ship that stuff around the world. "It could be a while, you know;" and I did know, but I appreciated the warning, and the opportunity to back out of the agreement, but I said I was in no rush, and knew that the wheels, when finished, would be of high quality.


The wheels arrived this afternoon in all their sleek magnificence; Greg took the old (twenty-five years, or so, worth of old) wheels out to the van, the Local Bikeshop's mobile bike shop, swapped out the things that needed swapping - cassette, tubes and tires, and I was ready to roll. The shakedown ride came just a few hours later, out in the Spreading Grounds, the wash, the sand, the rocks, the dirt roads, and even some little trails. I tell you what, those are some smooth spinning wheels, and I am looking forward to many quality miles with them. And since it is Friday, those miles might as well begin right away - it's the weekend, get out and ride.

you know, I rarely see homeless folks out there, but this is quite some elaborate fire pit, with a healthy supply of wood



Hope hubs, H Plus Son rims, DT Swiss spokes (I think)

Gimme Some Truth, may have been written (and originally sung) by John Lennon, but I like the Cheap Trick version.

"I'm sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short sighted, narrow minded hypocrites,
All I want is some truth,
Just gimme some truth.
I've had enough of reading things
By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians
All I want is the truth,
Just give us the truth.

No short haired, yellow bellied, son of tricky Dicky is
Gonna mother hubbard, soft soap me with just a pocket full of oil.
Money for oil,
Money for oil..."

Comments