The Waiting Game

 

The wind came up - a little bit, at least enough to set the leaves to dancing. I had hopes (one of the very few times that I have ever hoped for wind) that it would help clear out some of the smoke. Yeah, no such luck there and so, "alright, alright, I'll sit out another days ride," I complained to no one in particular. It has officially been a week now since my last ride; any longer and the two girls in the accompanying photo who, I believe, are somehow relatives (I don't know if the relationship is paternally from Colorado, or maternally from Iowa) will be able to out-pace me in a spin around the block on those old '60s (or are they '70s) steel bikes. 

Yes, another day during which the sun looked (excepting perhaps the hour at which it was most high) like it was forever setting in an orange-lit twilight sky. Hmmm, now that I think about what I just wrote, would a good stiff wind clear the air, or just fan the flames and bring in more? I guess the only sure thing would be a drenching rain, which is not particularly likely this time of year, is it! And so I wait. A little longer.



Comments