The Nudie Beach

First off, for possessing the imagination to make due with what is available, cheers to the young woman nude sunbathing at the spillway. 


When I was a young lad, many moons in the past, we (meaning cousins, brother and I) were intrigued with the idea of the nudie beach - first there was the mythic one just around the bend from Zuma; that one was a bit of a walk away and well, quite frankly, I don't recall seeing anyone "showing off." Soon after, we found out that our grandparents, having recently moved to Carpinteria, had stumbled upon a nudie beach "just around the bend" near Summerland; I can remember straining my neck and eyes to see something below the cliffs, but without luck. For the most part, I have decided those nudie beaches were things of urban legend (though you still hear people talk of the one near Zuma), though they certainly played to the imaginations of young minds.

Claremont is a bit far from coast, lake or river to have a real nudie beach - will a nudie spillway do? I know, you were really looking forward to the photo, the evidence, but I was much too modest to stop for the shot on the first pass, and by the time I finished my circuit and passed by again, she was walking on down the road (with a man friend I didn't notice the first time around). C'est la vie.

 you know the spillway - it is such a regular feature along the route that eight times out of ten I don't even bother glancing up it. Think that might change now...

 what a difference a week makes; a week ago this recharge basin was full, now - dry as a bone

the Hakkalugi got me there





there may not be any water it sight anymore, but if you go up to one of these stand pipes, you can hear it rushing along underground

Comments