Seen Better


I drug that thing out from the nearby brush just so I could use it to prop up my bike; what is it - one-third of the back of some old car? Whatever it is has seen better days. I have seen better days too, but heck, at least I am still in one piece. I must confess, over the past three months my legs have not seen many miles. In fact over the last two months the only bike I have ridden is that one there - ten miles here, twenty miles there, twice a week, three times once. Has anyone ridden through March, April and the first half of May without missing a beat, with little or no disruption to their riding routine? I would be surprised if anyone could truthfully answer "yes" to that. Fortunately I foresee a turn for the better, transforming those "seen better days" into "seeing better days." It is just up the road there and the gap is closing quickly.

Comments