Wednesday Night Gravel Ride: Limitless

I chanced a glance, from trail up to sky and, braking easily, rolled to a stop. Once my forward movement had ceased I looked up again. There was nothing but blue, it was dimensionless, limitless depth, no-where to stake a place, adhere an I Am Here sticker. The blue was cold and, though heat was folded close around me, I shivered at the thought, the contrast.

Knowing the group would come charging along the trail any moment, I turned the bike around so my nose would be pointed in the right direction, and set to waiting. It wasn't a long wait, a cloud of dust risen low from the ground to the west betrayed their approach before the dark form of a clump of out-riders came into view. It took only a few seconds before I could tell there were four, off the front and moving fast. Damn, it was going to be one of those nights. Ah well, challenge is inherent to the character of the weekly WNGR.

waiting...

on Powerline...


was not long...

because they were moving...

fast!


down Padua...


then back up to the mountains.




up on the dam...


or, upon the dam.

waiting...


and then off again...

 down the other side.

one last sunset view on the double track back home.

Comments