Ladies and Gents Meets Thirsty Thursday: Oh Man

Oh man, oh man... I hadn't heard from the mrs. all day, and usually there would be a text message letting me know she was back from a ride. Oh man. It's not that I thought something was wrong; what I was thinking was that she knew it was Thursday, knew it was the night for the Ladies and Gents Ride and, most importantly, would want to do it. Oh man. It is not that she hasn't done group rides before, it is just that her idea of a group ride is a little different than my idea of one. Oh man, could I talk her out of it, should I talk her out of it?

Oh, man, home at last and, yup - "We're going on the Ladies and Gentlemen's Ride, right?" Oh, man. That's it then - I would have to hang out at the back, make sure she didn't get dropped, make sure she didn't get lost, no surging ahead to ride a bit with the Thirsty Thursday's, or whatever cluster of riders might be off the back of that group. I will have to keep checking behind me, make sure she is still there. How do other married couples do things like this anyway? Oh man.

Oh man, I worried all day for nothing.

the gathering






a chorus of Happy Birthday, Erik

regroup




the combined field - Thirsty Thursday and Ladies & Gents


regroup











Such a good ride tonight, and so cool to be with so many, and I do mean many, good folks just out to enjoy the evening, a bike ride and the company of friends.

Comments