The USC Brackett Grand Prix

There was a time when I had more youth in my muscle and bones. That is probably because there was a time when I was more youthful. Other kids, usually during football season, were always asking "USC or UCLA?" as if it was inconceivable that someone would root for anyone else. Neither of them got my vote, one of them even less so than the other. After that I became a product of the UC and, though that included post-baccalaureate work at UCLA, the only cheer you will hear me giving today is "Go Gauchos!" Regardless of what my answer may have been back then, today I was kind of hoping for some Trojan success; well, not on the road perhaps, but with their race, the first (so I heard) that USC Cycling has hosted since 2012. Yesterday's drenching out at Rosena Ranch did not carry over, and though mostly dark and cloudy, the sky did not follow through on its threat, and the ground remained dry throughout the morning and afternoon races.

That helped keep things fast, from one race to the next. Speaking of fast, are the Nsek brothers fast or what? And how did Cal State Fullerton manage to get them both? And what was up with Holly Breck? Jumping away on the first lap? How was I supposed to get a good "competition" photo when there was no competition. Each lap was the same, "here comes Holly Breck - solo with no one else in sight." Talk about fast, and strong. To stay away for the entire women's elite race takes some speed and some strength.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who put it on the line today, to all those who stepped up to the podium, and to USC Cycling for hosting a successful race (and Majestic Cycling for their logistical support) - hope the race will be successful for years to come.






I know it is supposed to stand for Fullerton, but maybe it should stand for Flash









The photo album link includes a selection of ninety-nine photos. They are smaller file size, but if you see something you like especially, just let me know and I can send a fill-sized file.

Comments