2019 San Dimas Stage Race, Stage Two Road Race: Gone Fishin'

Man it sure does hurt to walk today; my exclamation as I gingerly wobbled back across the road having finished visiting that tree over yonder was, maybe, a little too loud. "Squawk," came a reply. Having not realized that raven was perched nearby, I was mildly surprised by the answer, but recovered quickly enough. I said walk, not squawk. It hurts to walk. "Squawk," again. I took a deep breath and let it audibly out, hhhhhhhhhhh. I thought ravens were supposed to be smart. How long have you been up there anyway? and I wondered if my discreet visit to that tree over yonder was less discreet than I imagined it to have been.

Then again raven was not doing squats every thirty seconds for three or four hours the day before. Anyway the squat and stand muscles are apparently different than the cycling muscles so, since I wasn't doing much walking today, I could get around the course just fine - at least to my two favored spots along the road race course - Heckler Hill and the hard right turn off the dam. With a few others thrown in for good measure. Southern California has put on a show this weekend, two of those "this is why we live here" type days with another to go. Turn out in downtown San Dimas on Sunday for the finale. It may not have the wide views of today's race, but the action will be fast paced and very dramatic.

The photo album contains a selection of 152 photos, which you can check here.

David Wells (Team JL Velo) going for the green.


Martha Filkins (Serious Cycling) still having a good time.


Tina Grant (Velo Club LaGrange) tracking down a $20 bill [?] hand up.

The Incycle crowd. Okay than.

That is some good race face.

Southern California finery.


Good day for kite flying, apparently.

Penguin agrees. I rest my case.

Hard to see here but Priscilla Savord (Go Fast - Incycle) on the right just fished a dollar bill from the line. I can't be sure if the big grin on the face of teammate Holly Breck (Yellow Jersey) is for that or something else.

Yellow Jersey, Green Jersey, Rahsaan Bahati, and Rigoberto Meza massed at the front.

break time, and I see I was not the only one with this idea of how to spend it

I...I...I really don't know what is going on here.
If he is not the mr to the mrs it could be he is about to be decked.

There! There! There!

The podiums:
Women Cat 4/5: 1st Mia Asletine (Avout Racing Select Juniors), 2nd Melissa Haley (Go Fast - Incycle), 3rd Mayra Hernandez

Junior 15/16: 1st Cole Rasser (United Healthcare of Georgia), 2nd Colby Simmons (Summit National Team), 3rd Izzac Adams (El Grupo Cycling)

Women Cat 3: 1st Paige Handy (Serious Cycling), 2nd Cassidy Hickey (Twenty20), 3rd Avry Howes (SC Velo)

Women Pro/1/2: 1st Holly Breck (Go Fast), 2nd Emma Grant (Sho-Air Twenty20), 3rd Emily Georgeson (Methods to Winning)

Master Men 35+: 1st Chris Demarchi (Monster Media Racing), 2nd Charon Smith (Methods to Winning), 3rd Daniel Pearce (Carefast / Storck)

Men Cat 4/5: 1st Cheyne Parrott (Freakshow Aloha Cycling Team), 2nd Ethan Doherty (unatt), 3rd Jorge Lemus (Serious Cycling)

Master Men 55+: 1st Emilio Cervantes (949 Racing), 2nd Lawrence Nolan (Cal-Nat's Racing), 3rd Greg Wilson (Big Orange Cycling)

Master Men 45+: 1st Espen Kateraas (HitSquad Racing), 2nd Ruben Meza (S2C / Bosch Primal), 3rd Bart Clifford (JL Velo Factory Team)

Men Cat 3: 1st Michael Bouwkamp, 2nd Bradley Wiggs (Simple Green / Cycles Veloce), 3rd Jordan Zhdanov

Men Cat 2: 1st Ruben Saatjian (San Diego Bicycle Club), 2nd Jason Pedersen (Team Simple Green), 3rd Grant Simonds (Dean Factory Racing)

Men Pro/Cat 1: 1st Ulise Castillo Soto (Elevate-KHS Pro Cycling), 2nd Sean Gardner (Gateway Devo Cycling), 3rd Quinten Kirby (unatt)

Juniors 17/18: 1st Lucas Bourgoyne (Elevate-KHS), 2nd Toma Aguirre Garza (MVC Team), 3rd Jared Scott (LUX / Sideshow)

Comments