From the Archives: Clear Air Circuit Race, 1992

Jeanne Golay? Inge Thompson? Thompson was National Champion in 1991, Golay won the championship in 1992, which is when I took this photo. I don't know if the Clean Air race was run before or after Nationals that year; bummer, it would help determine who is wearing the stars and stripes jersey. On the other hand there is other evidence - Thompson wore her long hair in a braid, suggesting that perhaps this is Golay. Equally, I am unsure who the Team Kalua rider is.


What I do know is that the two racers are attacking that uphill finish that was part of the Clean Air race, at about the same spot I took a photo showing the finishing battle between Thurlow Rogers and Freddy Rodriquez, one of the earlier From the Archives features at the old Claremont Cyclist blog.

Comments