Chillin' on the Dock of the Bay

"Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes
Watchin' the ships roll in
Than I watch 'em roll away again

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away
I'm sittin on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time..."





That floating platform is, probably, the busiest place on the lake. Few are the days, or times during a day, that it is not packed with creatures chilling in the sun. These days between Christmas and New Years are for chill rides, and only partly because mornings tend to be cold. Sometimes you just gotta sit back, put your feet up, relax; maybe that means watching the sun move across the sky, maybe it means scaling back your ride, slowing down the pace, making sure whoever you're with does not feel stressed about keeping up.

"... This two thousand miles I roamed
Just to make this dock my home
Now I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away
Sittin' on the dock of the bay
I'm wastin' time."

Comments