Two Wheel Tuesday: War of the Gods

This god, that god, ancient god, new god, what god, not god? The back and forth between believers of one, and those of another, has taken a weekly turn atop that one hill in Bonelli Park. The first time I rode up that panoramic summit the message left by His followers was simple but clear - God is Love - is what they wanted to make clear. A little time passed before a new message appeared; written in stone - O Mighty Zeus - showed that followers of the ancient Gods of Greece had proclaimed this minor hilltop as a new Olympus. Last week, during Two Wheel Tuesday, I noticed that the Christians had once again reclaimed the high ground.

Which brings us to this weeks' Two Wheel Tuesday and the message - I Love Bruno. I have searched my brain for any references to a god named Bruno. I have tried to recall all the various cosmologies I have read over the years to no avail, I can't recollect any culture deifying, lifting up, or bowing down to Bruno. Alas, the only viable scenario is that this latest message is simply an expression of feeling for one mere human by another. It does leave me wondering, however, what will come next. Will some small clandestine group light a fire and gather round in communion (maybe to be safe they will gather round the warm glow of a bicycle tail light instead), leave an offering of rice, burn incense, sacrifice a donut, and what message will they leave, what clue to the identity of the god they revere?



It is not just the ride that brings me out to Two Wheel Tuesday, nor the La Verne Brewing Company's Old Flathead stout, it is also the mystery, the what comes next.

Comments