Two Wheel Tuesday: Lesson Learned?

Once, in sixth grade, I forgot to mention that I had broken my finger during school. It wasn't until the family was seated around the dinner table (yes, that was a thing) that I "remembered" - "oh, by the way, I think I broke my finger today." Dad's examination confirmed my own inexpert analysis. Going to visit the doctor (in the morning) did get me out of school for a day. Once, the son and I set out on a father / son camping trip into Kings Canyon; it wasn't until we had reached Visalia that I realized, "damnit, I forgot the tent." Once, I forgot to mention to my parents that I had run over my brother with my bike. Oh, no, wait that moment of forgetfulness was intentional. Once, I "forgot" to change the oil in the old Ford Ranger - coincidentally, one morning it refused to start at the end of the work day. That was an expensive moment of forgetfulness. Once, I forgot my cycling shoes (far more than once, truth be told) when leaving the house for a remote-start ride - sandals do not work so well with Speedplay pedals. I'm pretty sure this list of "forgets" could go on at length. Pretty sure. Most certainly.

Point is, when the mrs. asks "do you have everything?" Maybe take a moment to run through the list - shoes, helmet, water, id, lights? Lights? Lights! It just might save you from missing out on Two Wheel Tuesday. 

Well, at least Copperhead was back on tap, and Las Hermanitas were serving up their potato tacos.

don't do much good when you leave them on the workbench

Comments