Patch It Up

Impulse often gets the best of me, and over the years and decades I have spent stupid amounts of cash on little collectables that will never get me any kind of equal return, things like pins, baseball cards, warhammer pieces, bikes. Even though I have had a sizable collection of them, patches were never among the things worthy of my non-existent excess money - most were earned. Scouts, for instance, have always been mad for awarding patches - complete a merit badge and get a patch, hike fifty miles and get a patch, go to summer camp and get a patch, go to snow camp and get a patch, then there are the ones that identify which troop you belong to, what OA Lodge you belong to, etc. I earned some bowling patches, and even one cycling patch - for riding 100 miles - that was from a ride completely unrelated to the ride I actually did. Sorry, we ran out of the event patch, but you're welcome to this other one. Hmmm.

Anyway...

I don't think I have owned a denim jacket since high school years. A couple weeks ago I went ahead and bought a new one. Why? There is no better background for a cool patch. The RVF patch that the mrs. picked up for me six years ago finally has an appropriate home.


I still have no idea whether the RVF was an actual group, or a figment of someone's imagination. I still don't know if RVF actually stands for Revolutionary Velo Faction, or if that was a figment of my imagination. Whatever. I still think it is a cool patch.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Covered with patches and lined inside, I don't think it would have done much to keep me warm on that last coffeeneuring ride of your. Brrrrr.

      Delete

Post a Comment