Oops, Hands in the Cookie Jar


Well that's embarrassing. I wonder if Mr. Strickler (Trek in the photo above) is as embarrassed as I would be. A few days ago analytics began to notice an uptick in clicks for a couple of older race posts, one going back as far as 2013. I didn't think much of it, but did take note that the clicks were coming from all over the US and Europe. But then I saw some news shared by Johnny T. and, the ah-ha moment, the common denominator came into focus. Yet another southern California master caught with his hands in the cookie jar. With racing already on life support and the cold slab ready and waiting, why are these guys so eager to supply nails for the coffin? I mean, is the pressure to win a local 55+ criterium so great that you are willing to bury everything, whatever wins, whatever placings you had collected before?

I guess for some the answer is yes.

Comments