Two Wheel Tuesday: Innocent Minds

"Well, maybe that's what I get for sitting outside tonight?" I thought. I couldn't recall anything quite like this being discussed where I normally sit post ride - inside the brewery. Was outside conversation kind of like outside voice - fundamentally different from inside conversation, inside voice? Hmmm.

Finishing up the Two Wheel Tuesday ride in my usual early style, I could have sat inside; there was probably a game of some sort on the boob-tube. Pint in hand that would have been okay. But Ross was outside, and Michael - a different Michael, and a third someone I was comfortably unfamiliar with. I knew Ross's tongue could wag when he let it, but Ed and Dan had always spoken well, and highly, of the brewmeister in the past and that is the mind's image of him I have carried. Until now that is. Talk was typical post-ride run-of-the-mill stuff - bikes, mechanical issues with bikes, bike mechanics, beer, post-modern design, bent fence posts, and other usual, everyday stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary really, until...

 now that I think about it, it was not until a fifth person rode up, someone who said his name was Kevin, though said in such a way as to suggest he was intentionally trying to hide his real identity, that the conversation took a, uh, how should I say, unique turn.

When that turn came I was busy enjoying a sip of the La Verne Brewing Company's freshly tapped Bock. That sip caught halfway down my gullet. I wanted to sputter, but thought it would betray my innocent mind and finished the sip instead. Someone, I won't say who, started singing; it could have been an Old World drinking song, but it wasn't. And then that turn, the one that started it all, returned. Again. Back and forth it went from one side of the table to the other, and if you set your mind out in the gutter you might begin to understand that back and forth means something other than what you thought. Well, I don't think anyone here was planning on a career as Supreme Court Justice.

Sips became gulps just so I could say I was done and, coincidentally, excuse myself from the gathered company. None too soon, I suspect. Is it always like that outside at the picnic tables, I wondered as I drove away?

Ah, Two Wheel Tuesday - go for the ride, stay for the talk. Oh, and a beer while you're at it.

their identities might be hidden by darkness (good thing) but, yeah, that's them

great sky night

Elephant Hill - by the way, this coming Saturday is Ride Around Pomona with possibility to visit the old Spadra graveyard at the base of the hill

lights

someone painted a caricature of Yogi Bear up on Beverrest, which reminded me of Claremont's own connection to the rascal from Jellystone

Comments