Green, Not Thirsty Thursday, Drinks


Well, I mean, it was Thirsty Thursday. I saw them gathered in the parking lot as I rode up, I saw them through the open doorway before they rolled away and then, later, I saw them waiting in line patiently, or otherwise, for their reward sometime more than an hour later. It is just that Thirsty Thursday is not why I was there. Instead my visit to Claremont Craft Ales this Thursday was the monthly Green Drinks, a mostly informal gathering hosted by Sustainable Claremont. The meet-ups allow people to connect and exchange thoughts and ideas in a relaxed setting; they usually involve a more formal component as well, a topic or theme with a guest speaker, something and someone to keep the talk directed, for a while. Last night the something was compost; the someone was Lynn Fang. After that, conversation can swirl from one topic to another - home restoration, South Pasadena, bike lanes, Maine, land planning, transportation, etc - funny thing is, I don't think beer ever came up, but then I guess if you're drinking it, there is no need to talk about it.






Comments